Monday, January 9, 2012

A busy, happy morning


I started the morning with a walk, and then got right to these fun blocks for the Sew.Happy.Quilt QAL
http://sewhappygeek.co.uk/index.php/sewhappyquilt/





 I'm going to try to use up a lot of my old fabric for these - soft and pretty...

Then I finished up the quilt top from Friday, though I think it's too narrow so will add a scrappy border to widen it. Right now it's about 34 x 54. Now tell me, is this a baby quilt or are the colors to wild? I think it would make a beautiful twin bed quilt if I had enough fabric to continue the pattern, but when the majority of my fabric has been bought in 1/4 cuts, it doesn't go that far...



Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. that quilt is gorgeous - I think it would be great as a baby's quilt - lots of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm going to add one more row on each side to widen it just a little. It will be 38x54 - not sure why I didn't do that in the first place, but I think I was tired of cutting and sewing so many 2.5 inch squares!!

    ReplyDelete