Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year and new sewing room!


Where the ironing board stands, was once boy #2's crib!! Then it was replaced by a queen mattress on the floor, then two twin beds so boy #2 and boy #3 could share a room once boy #3 was out of his crib in his own room... then boy #3 moved back into his own room and on to the queen mattress, and boy #2 moved in to bunk with boy #1 in his room! So, this sunny yellow room has seen a lot of changes, but for about a year it has been a catch all for everything that doesn't have a place to go, and only once in a while it's used as a guest room by our beloved babysitting grandparents... So today one twin bed was dismantled and put up in the attic with all the other forgotten furniture :(

My "new" sewing table was once my own grandparent's porch dining table, and then was on my own porch growing up, so it holds wonderful memories for me - the chair too was my grandmother's and has a beautiful needlepoint seat.

Anyway, the kids go back to school Tuesday and I can start sewing again - yippee!!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment