Saturday, June 7, 2014

New Matryoshka / Babushka quilt almost done

It's all sewn together as of yesterday, and now I'm starting the hand tying and stitching phase with pink embroidery floss. I'll hopefully have it finished up in a week or so. Summer vacation starts is just 12 days!

Revisiting old loves

This quilt was made from squares I cut probably 6 or 7 years ago - before I had a rotary cutter. I would sit in front of the TV with a cardboard template, large wooden dough board, fabric, a pen, and scissors. I'd trace each square, cut, and then put them in plastic zip log bags to be used later... These were 6.5 and 5.5 squares, and I added a little trim to the smaller ones to make them all the same size for this quilt. It's fun, bright and summery.